Saturday 4 January 2014

Starting on the Soundtrack


Soundtrack Production

GarageBand
Above you can see my current progress on the production of the soundtrack for my thriller opening sequence. I am using GarageBand for the time being as I do not own Logic at home, the first thing I began to do is create a piano loop, similar to the one seen on 'In the House, In a Heartbeat'. Read other inspirations here. In order to do so I created a new instrument on Garageband and selected the a software instrument being the Grand Piano. From there I went on to play with the Piano effects including echo and then I brought up the musical typing keyboard using the shortcut SHIFT + CMD + K. This brought up the screen below:
Onscreen 'Musical Typing' Keyboard
This then allowed me to play around with different keys and pitches, once I had got the right octave and knew what I was going to play, I pressed the record button. This created the basis for my opening sequence. I then corrected all the little nags to make them all equal in length and size using the Track Editor as seen below:
Track Editor
The last thing I did to create just the piano opening was create a fade in to the master track. In order to do so I went to Track then selected Fade Out:
This brought up a volume level on the bottom of my track and so I therefore adjusted it to fade in using the two dots to adjust the length of the fade in. You can see below how it looks:

Finally, after all this, I end up with my piano loop but nothing more unfortunately, you can listen to a small sample below:







No comments:

Post a Comment